• We use email or Facebook
  • youghalsailing@gmail.com

    Meeting Minutes - 12th February 2015

    Minutes of the meeting of

    Youghal Sailing Club 

    8pm, 12th February 2015

     

    Attendees: Patrick Buttimer, Finbarr Buckley, Joan Coyne, Martin Finn,  Juniors: Finn O'Brien, Edward Coyne, Jack Buttimer, Shane Buckley, Adrian Lee, Jack Nolan, Bob White, Connor Hennessey. Guests Ger and Jordan

    Apologies: Catriona and Padraig Hennessey

    PB reminded everyone that we have two objectives tonight - to organise the School event tomorrow and membership drive. To organise the Flag Day on Saturday

    The Feva is already installed in the school and looking good. MF and FB will be arriving at the school tomorrow before the students at 8.10am. Junior members will be there also and will be issued with a TShirt if they are to represent the Club.

    The boat will be there until just after mornign break and will be removed before lunch (unless there is massive interest and reason to stay until after lunch). MF will depart before 12.30pm. We have flyers and will have some A4 posters, and even stickers. But these all cost money and really we want to give flyers out only to people who are really interested.

    NB: Everyone who is representing the Club should be wearing a Tshirt or otherwise be clearly identifiable. AND have read the small flyer which says what the club is for and what we'll offer. If you are asked something that you are unsure of don't make it up, ask!

    MF will be taking pictures to use on our website (permission may be required) and will be writing up this our first event.

    The press have been invited - Youghal News, East Cork Journal.

    PB reitterated that out goal is 20 new members. 

     

    Flag Day roster is being created. And will appear Here. Many thanks to those who have volunteered their time, many of whom are not members. 

    JC will distribute the Buckets, Permits, TShirts and Stickers at the start of the day to the first on each site. Its imperative that these are all passed on in an organised way to the next on the site.

    MF volunteered to pass between venues at lunchtime to empty the buckets at that time.

    PB suggested a Do's and Don'ts section for the Website - in regard to what kit to buy or have - MF to make it

    All appreciated the facilities at Clancys'.

    Next Meeting is on Monday for a de-brief, venue and time to be confirmed.

     

    Facebook - YoughalSailing

    ISA Affiliated Club

    Login